Taxonomic Access Facilities. New Call Deadline; 15th October 2010, (17:00 UK time). The Synthesis Office is pleased to announce the opening of Call 2 for proposals under the European Commission’s FPVII European-funded Integrating Activities funding scheme.
SYNTHESYS funding is available to provide scientists (Users) based in European Member, Associate and Candidate States to undertake short visits to utilise the infrastructure (comprising the collections, staff expertise and analytical facilities) at one of the 16 partner institutions (see full list below) for the purposes of their research.
The 16 partner institutions are organised into 10 national TAFs. TAF Users will be hosted by a TAF staff member (Host).
The 10 TAFs represent an unparalleled resource for taxonomic research offering:
- collections amounting to over 324 million natural history specimens, including 3.3 million type specimens
- internationally renowned taxonomic and systematic skill base
- chemical analysis, molecular and imaging facilities.
Proposals for funding are welcomed from high-calibre researchers seeking access for short-term visits (average duration 15 days). SYNTHESYS is able to meet the Users’ costs for:
- Research costs*
- International travel
- Local accommodation while based at the TAF
- A per diem to contribute towards living costs and travel to/from international departure points
* Research related costs including bench fees and consumables (including molecular biology at some TAFs).
N.B. If you previously applied for funding under the SYNTHESYS FPVI project, you can view your previous applications and update details of your evaluation and outputs at the following address: http://www.synthesys.info/synthesys_old/
Please pass this information on to anyone you think may be interested.